[vimeo id=”26170169″ width=”601″ height=”338″]
Getting prospective borrowers to act is about motivating them to move forward when a reverse mortgage is in their best interest. Here are just a few tips to help:
Limit their options:
- Fixed rate or Adjustable?
- Would you like to receive your proposal by mail or UPS?
Give a deadline:
- To help us secure the best interest rate for you we would need to schedule HUD counseling by ____
Law of inertia:
- Secure smaller commitments to move forward with others
- Would you do me a favor and call me when you receive ____?
- Spell out clearly the steps they need to take
- Keep it simple
These tips are adapted from the book “Get anyone to do anything” by David J Lieberman, PhD.