Last week I received an email from a friend and client. Opening the message I saw an animated image (GIF) playing that showed him waving. Okay, you’ve got me. Now I’m curious.
Clicking on the animated video image I understood why he often chooses to send a video email as I was able to replay the message a few times to fish out the details. Another plus was I absolutely despise emails that have more in common with a novel than a short letter.
Services such as Loom and BombBomb allow you to create a short video message to send by email. We’ve discussed both last spring as reverse mortgage originators made the switch to ‘remote sales’. Are you still undecided on the value of using email videos? Consider the following.
Tips to use video emails to their fullest potential:
- Making your first introduction after initial contact.
- Introducing a reverse mortgage proposal/comparison sheet.
- Explaining what to expect in the appraisal process.
- Outlining what documents are needed for the financial assessment.
- Preparing the borrower for closing.
- Thanking them for their business after funding.
Here are the advantages of video email:
- You make more of a personal connection as they can see and hear you.
- You build trust and credibility. You’re not some person hiding behind email.
- You can track if or when your message was viewed.
- Homeowners are likely to better understand your explanation in a video rather than reading a long email message.
- Your message is likely to get more attention.
- A video is worth a thousand words. Seriously, try to keep it brief.
- People are much more likely to be polite and agreeable with someone they’ve seen than those with who they’ve only interacted by phone or email.
- Use the word video in the subject line for an increased open rate and fewer unsubscribes.
- Make sure you have good lighting on your head & shoulders.
- Invest in a good microphone. Your older clients will thank you for it. Here’s mine.
- Make sure the camera is at eye level. If you have a laptop with a built-in webcam you’re going to need to elevate it. It’s worth the effort.
Boring and typical gets ignored. Video email messaging works wonders for building a virtual bridge with you and your prospective borrowers.