If you’ve been captivated by Reverse Focus President Shannon Hicks’ biweekly videos, which provide both business wisdom and wide-ranging food for thought to enhance your business and your life, you know the power of video. It’s personal. While many reverse mortgage originators likely live close enough to their prospects to meet in person, inducing a prospect to do so is key — and may be precisely where video marketing can make the difference.
Because video enables you to give seniors a taste of who you are and how you can serve their needs, without the possible discomfort some people might feel sitting in a stranger’s office for the first time discussing deeply personal issues, a video introduction may be the vehicle to drive them to make an appointment. There’s no pressure with a video. Someone can stop the action or re-watch it at will to glean more information — or just to admire your dimples. And is that an art print of a sailboat on your office wall? To a lifelong water sports enthusiast, spotting such a detail could be all that’s needed for them to pick up the phone.
Here’s what Vishen Lakhiani, a startup advisor who builds education companies, suggests business professionals do to boost conversions via video sales letters:
- Create a catchy headline that explains what you offer in simple, on point and optimized language: “Your House Can Fund Your Retirement” or “Need Cash? A Reverse Mortgage Provides It”;
- Share the sizzle in one of 2 ways:
- Open approach: Describe what they will learn in the video; how to make the wisest decision for their needs;
- Emotional approach: I feel your pain about not having enough money. Let’s turn the situation around now;
- Serve the steak:
- How a reverse mortgage has solved the financial problem for other seniors, and how it can solve YOUR problem, too;
- Background/history about what makes a HECM unique, with a case study or simple data to make more sense of the product;
- 2-3 testimonials from satisfied reverse mortgage clients;
- Why you’re the ideal HECM professional to meet their needs now.
- Call to action: Put your name and phone number onscreen as you suggest they pick up the phone and call now to learn more. Make sure that when you send the email containing your video introduction, you are available via phone and email, and that if a call does go to voicemail, you call back ASAP and enthusiastically thank your prospect for contacting you. Then set the appointment and prepare for a warm meeting with someone who already knows you — and is predisposed to the idea of a reverse mortgage.